What we believe...What is Christianity?
Perhaps you have heard people describe Christianity as a philosophy or even an ethical stance. Perhaps you have heard people claim that it is actually an experience. While each of these descriptions is something a Christian has, no one description serves as a definition of what Christianity is. Christianity has at its core a transaction between God and man. A person who becomes a Christian moves from knowing about God distantly to know about God intimately and directly. Christianity is, above all, knowing God.
- We believe that a commitment to the following historical beliefs best helps us to know and understand the character and commitment of God.
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God's truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to be saved from God's displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save.
- We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him alone for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God's people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
VISIONLA understands that our friends around us are skeptical when considering Christianity and need to "feel" the love of Christ if they are to ever believe the above statements or even the Gospel itself. We believe that the best way to address the issue is by planting churches that hold to the above statements while reflecting God's love and glory among all people.
<- Previous Page | Next Page ->